Founded 1994 by Armand Courchaine
Dick Empie's Blassingame
Thread: black 6/0, use monocord for head
Dubbing: muscrat belly
Hackle: brown saddle: 2 turns
Collar: wood duck
1. Weight: Tie on ten turns of lead wire, more of substitute.
Coat with drop of Quicktite superglue.
2. Thread: Tie thread near eye, leaving plenty of room for the head. Wind
back, over wire to curve of hook.
3. Body: Dub with muscrat belly to end of wire.
4. Hackle Tie on 2 turns of brown hackle. Tie back.
5. Collar: Trim small wood duck feather to right size. Pull barbs till
perpendicular, leaving about 10 out straight. Tie on upside down and
palmer behind thread, brushing barbs back as you go.
6. Tie barbs back so they lie closer to hook. Whip finish.
7. Tie on monocord and make a big head.
Tides, Temperature - Lake
Depth Maps - Stocking
Schedule - Knots